Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Are you talking about the tray that bolts onto the firepot? Bill at cookshack called it a 'log burner' but it may be called a smoke enhancer. I love mine and use it quite often to give a little smoke kick. I especially love it when smoking hams and bacon. I use hickory split logs off of my woodpile, cut to the appropriate length. It smokes like a big cigar, but does put off a little heat, which is sometime a problem when trying to keep the temps down. I only use it for the first four or so hours, then after that just run with the pellets in the FEC.
I think you all may be talking about two different things. The "log burner" is a stainless shelf that bolts on the firepot to create a place to put a larger sized piece of wood to smolder.

The current smoke enhancer is a small stainless pot that sits over the fire pot where you can put pellets, chunks, or whatever aromatherapy you want to add to your cook.

Both work well in different situations. Personally I've always used the amazen tube smoker, seems to work well too.

Nordy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.