Skip to main content

ok so I just got my fec-100 late friday night and Im coming from a traeger texas and does everyone just at an extra 1/2 hr for start up to the smoke or cook time when allowing it to get up too temp? Otherwise the timer starts and could be a lil confusing on long temps. And the picture I posted (hopefully it shows up) I smoked a rack of ribs mid shelf and when I shut it off I noticed this piece of metal in the firepot. Its about 4in long and 3/8's-7/16's looks like the one end was welding to something? To me it looks like a limiting rod from in the auger like some traeger models have. Ill call cookshack on monday but I got a pork shoulder going right now and I hope its just some leftover from fabrication.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_1497_(1)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

At first I thought it might be the hot rod, but since you said you took it out after the rib cook and before your butt cook, that can't be it. Maybe a piece of brazing rod fell in when they were welding it together???

The only thing I use the timer for is two stage cooks. Usually I'll just fire up the smoker, then start prepping the ribs or butts or whatever. 20-30 minutes later I'll throw it on the smoker.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.