Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

But, Peggy, pellets are wood! Pellets are compressed wood. I've seen a "pellet" smoker that the owner was quite proud that he could use straight sawdust. But...ash produced was considerable and the efficiency would not be good. Meaning you'd use a lot of sawdust or wood bits (smaller than chips) to get good results. In SW MO, finding food grade wood pellet fuel should be no problem. There's a couple of retailers in that area that carry BBQr's Delight's Heat ReSource BBQ pellets and like Rodney said, there's a plant in Springfield.
Hi, I'm considering buying a fast eddy as a production smoker for my restauraunt in Korea.
Although, wood pellets are plenty in the States, they arent in Korea and too risky/expensive to rely on shipping a product from overseas.
I would like to use domestic applewood in Korea as I have connections with an apple orchard.

Has anyone tried using wood chips in their Fast eddy? I wonder if it will clog/break the auger or any part of the feeding system.

thanks very much.
Welcome to the fold Linus.

I don't believe wood chips would work with the FEC100 for the reasons you identified. It can't hurt to check with Cookshack as Smokin suggests.

You may wish to consider the SM160 as an alternative. It will use chips or chunks, the former probably more efficiently. Both the capacity and price are very similar.

I have used both smokers in a restaurant environment and can recommend either one.

Good luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.