Skip to main content

My last few cooks, the fec has had problems getting up to temp. Last week I vacuumed and cleaned the unit and tested it with no meat to see what it would temp to. I used bbq delight pellets and set the temp for 320 degress. After 1 1/2 hour the FEC reached 260 degrees. I got cookshack on the phone and they sent me a new fan, I installed it this evening and the unit does the same thing. I know they will get the problem figured out and help me get it fixed. But I would like some imput from others who have had the same problem. I've used cookshack and bbq delight pellets to see if there was a pellet problem, both reached the same temp so I don't think the pellets are the problem. I only use an elbow for a vent, and have tried it without the elbow, and get the same result. I have also used a good thermometer in the cooking chamber and it reads close to the display temp. I don't see any signs of air leaks in the bottom of the cooker. The only other things I can think of is the auger or controller.
Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.