Skip to main content

Last night I put in 2 brisket points and flats along with 4 pork butts. Set the smoker for 236' and time for 16 hours. (I always set it long if I am going to be home to check it) I went to bed at 2:00 AM and all was well. Meat temp from the iGrill was steadily going up. I got up this morning at 7:30 and the iGrill read meat temps were 82/86 not goos as they were in the 100s when I went to bed. I went out to the smoker, it was on but was flashing as it would before you hit start. It said the cook time was 2:00hours and the temp was at 224. It looks like the smoker shut off over those 5 hours I was enjoying some sleep and the power was on. I do not think we lost power because all of the clocks in the house were not flashing, the remote control fan was still running.

Has this happened to anyone else? Someone said I might need a new panel because when I go to start setting the time and temp I have to wait for it to warm up a bit before it allows me to change the temp and time. I do no think these are related but looking for answers or help.

Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Never had a problem... but always have a remote thermometer on overnight cooks.. I sleep better that way...

ET73 or ET732 both work well... I think you can use the igrill for this too... but I don't like having to trust my phone or ipad to stay on/connected and alarm me...

It only takes saving one load of meat to more than pay for a good remote therm with alarm...

Nordy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.