Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FEC 100 Maintanence Login/Join

posted
The only place I could see to oil the auger on the FEC 100 is from inside the auger. Am I correct?

And with the draft fan do you just oil right directly behind the fan?
Thanks
Briggsy

Posts: 66 | Location: Albia, IA | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Briggsy,There is a nylon wear bushing just inside the brass bushing where the auger shaft goes through. I recommend putting some grease on both sides of that every six months. There is an oil hole on the top of the auger motor bearing that you should put a few drops of 3in1 oil in every six months as well.

Posts: 58 | Location: Ponca City | Registered: January 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I used 3 in 1 oil where the auger enters the pellet hopper, and I also used some oil inside the pellet hopper, again just where the auger enters the hopper.

I also used the oil directly behind the draft fan, on the shaft of the draft fan.

Sorry I'm somewhat electronically / mechanically dysfunctional. So, I'll take another look and if I have problems I'll give a call.

Thanks, I appreciate the help / advice.

Briggsy

Posts: 66 | Location: Albia, IA | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there any photos anywheres of where to oil up the FEC100 ?The book i got with it doesnt say to much.

Posts: 197 | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post