Skip to main content

The last two times I have smoked my FEC 100 seems to have problem reaching temp. I observed that it seem to always be firing as well. I cleaned the temp sensor (thermocouple) and at first it appeared to have helped but the next time I smoked the problem appears to still be existent. Has anyone else experienced this? I plan on calling in on Monday but I have food to smoke Sunday and if there is a quick fix that someone else figured out, I would appreciate help.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I recently went thru a similar problem with my F100 (2 yrs old). CS sent me a new auger, then a new board...no improvement. I was running 30 - 40 degrees under set temp. They then sent me a new auger motor and that seems to have fixed the problem.

My suggestion would be to empty the hopper and vacuum out both ends of the auger. Detach the auger from the motor snd check for warn edges and pitting. If that doesn't help you may need a motor replacement. Talk to Bill or Tony in customer service.

You can try increasing the temp by the amount you're falling short in the meantime.

I can't say enough for Cookshack's customer service. They replaced a small fortune in free parts trying to get me back on track. The board and motor were replaced AFTER the end of my 2 year warranty/ Try and match that anywhere else.

Good luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.