Skip to main content

Finding the right place to buy a new equipped concession trailer is the biggest challenge I have ever encountered. Who knew it is this complicated and there is so much junk being sold.

I would like a little help. Where would you recommend buying?

Any positive or negative feedback on Five Diamond Trailers or Trailer Innovations?

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thrash,
As you have found, the current food truck/mobile food vending craze has brought a lot of new vendors into the market. Some of them are very reputable folks with great build quality. Others just want to make a buck while they can in this new and growing industry.

My guess is you will find a couple folks on the forum who are relatively new members who would love to build you a rig and take your money. Be aware these folks are not endorsed by Cookshack and probably not by any other building, code or business agency either.

I am primarily in the mobile vending biz. A visit to your local health dept., city code administrator and fire marshal should get you enough info to start asking questions to narrow down a builder. Everyone says they build to pass every code in the USA. I haven't seen that rig built by any company yet.

I recommend buying a used unit that is currently licensed in your locale. Make some mods as needed and save half your money. Most people think this business is easy and exceptionally lucrative. It's a labor of love. While some people can make a living at it, easy it is not! Just ask the 3-5 people on Craigslist monthly who are selling their rigs for a loss!

I have further opinions, positive and negative, that would be best not shared publicly so as not to offend. I would be happy to discuss further if you desire via PM, email, or phone.

To answer you question...If you insist on buying new, I would call the boys in Iowa.

Jeff, Master of Meat
KC BBQ Truck
www.kcbbqtruck.com

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.