Skip to main content

I am awaiting the arrival of a 1/2 ton of pellets (25 - 40 lb bags) within the next week or so. currently I store the pellets I use in plastic containers along with the wood chunks for the cookshack. Just looking for some tips on first arrival storage of the 1/2 ton. I can keep them in my garage (unheated), under an open overhang where I keep my woodburning fireplace/stove wood or even in my 3 season room which is heated when I fire up the woodstove on the weekends.

Any tips on best choice of location for storage and method of storage as I transfer them into the plastic containers for immediate use?

FYI, I'm in upstate NY right off of a lake so weather and humidity varies as same with temperature.

Thanks for any helpful feedback!

Hoogie
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

ok gentlemen, I appreciate the feedback and advice. I wasn't sure if this was a stupid question from the gett-go. The storage off of the cement floor was a bit enlightening and now makes sense. Based on your similar responses and your locations in terms of humidity make me feel a bit better that the orignal packaging they come in should be a decent barrier from the elements.

Hoogie

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.