Skip to main content

Heading out in the morning to pick up my new FEC 750.its a 2010, but new to me. Finally getting my own high volume cooker that I know will turn out Great Product. Anybody have any pointers as to time and temps on these, I could use the info. I have 2 FEC 100's and love them. They have done real good for me. I imagine the size of cooker may make cook times different. Anyway. I'm a little Excited Smiler
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

One thing to think about. Look at the smoke stack. It's basically wide open to the weather and if you're cooking outside in the rain... well you get the picture.

Let's talk after you get it.

I know it's exciting. Did one cook once on a 750 and somewhere around 70 briskets Big Grin

Business MUST be good.
Got it home. I looked at the exhaust and your right, "Open to the World". The small pipe at the back left corner is the smokestack I would assume. Then there is the big smoke evaluator in the middle. My first question is with the smoke evaluator. Shouldn't it totally close off when not being used? The guy seemed to think it was supposed to vent smoke as well as the smokestack. I can't see that.. To me it's better to seal off everything except the smokestack to hold heat and smoke. Other than that gap in the evaluator, I'm very happy with it. Wanted to ask before I adjust it to a closed position for running. Also, he said to let y'all know he still has 1 left. He had 6, he's keeping 3 for his business. Nothing but praises for the FEC 750 and Cookshack from this guy...
OK, all fun aside. I have used other peoples Southern Prides for years in all kinds of weather conditions. This is a 2010 model, it apears to me the only difference between it and the 2012 models is the main power and rotisserie switch. The newer one is a rain proof style. What other things can water/rain mess up. Eventually I will have this on a trailer and it will get rained on. I always protect my FEC100's against getting wet. Should I worry that much about this one? Thanks
The shipping weight is 2000lb according to the website. I figure it is 1800lb plus pellets and any other stuff I need to haul. A tandom axle is the way to go I've found out. I'm gonna look real good before I buy one. At least I don't have to worry about hauling 200 lbs of propane everywhere I go. We wanted to go to Knoxville last year , scheduling got in the way. Hoping to this coming year. Thanks for the info.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.