Skip to main content

Notices none of the fans that run the fire pots were operating. Opened the main panel and the fan in there to cool the electronics also wasn't running.

I think these all run through the "PV520 120VAC/12VDC Power Supply". Anyone confirm that or had similar issues?

I don't have time to wait for shipping from CS, can someone help with sourcing locally? I'm sure this is a generic electrical part but mine is old enuf I can't tell the actual unit model info.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Skippy, I had a similar problem on mine about three weeks ago. the augers quit feeding. I used a volt meter to see if I had power coming to them, and did not. Then checked were the power came from. It came from a relay, which had power coming to it. The line coming from the control panel is something I did not have the ability to check.

Called Cookshack and they told me it may be the relay. To take the wires from the fan relay and trade them with the wires fron the auger motors. The augers then started to work, which told me I had a bad relay. Went to local electronics store and picked up what I needed.

This may give you something to try.

Is the main fuse burned out?

Does the rotis motor run?

RandyE
hey all,

boy does this hit home....this has happened to my FEC 500 4 times!....kept having to replace the relay [its the top little black square relay] also I have had to replace the large relay/converter [3 times]. the one that has a green light on...very frustrating! and costly,[both the cost of parts and loss of smoker time]. after the fourth time, me and my son-n-law Kelly[who has an engineering degree] figured out why we were having continuous problems. we have our smoker mounted on a trailer. so we did a water test, going up from the power converter[with green light] it goes through the upper wall of the unit. its all[wires] in PVC pipe. we poured water onto the connection and guess what??? water was coming down onto the converter shorting it out. evidently over time the seal at that joint[pvc pipe] leaks. so we caulked every PVC pipe joint, replaced the electrical components , and now there are no more problems.......I think cookshack should pass on this info. to all who have FEC'S,300,500,750's. plus all components can be replaced by buying them from on line elec. part sites....so now we keep back up parts so if there is a prob. we will have no down time.......belts too...hope this helps......
Last edited by dublin551

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.