Skip to main content

Gone through 14 pages of pellet threads and my head feels like it is in a pellet auger right now.

Couple of questions:

Some people complained of Traeger pellets while others say that the CS pellets are fine. Are the CS pellets still made by Traeger and are they the same pellet?

Do pellets go bad if stored in garage? If so, what is the shelf life. (thinking of buying pallet)

Where can I buy pellets in Oklahoma City area?

Who are the big pellet manufacturers now and why do you like them? (Lots of information in threads but dated so looking for updated info)'

I am brand new owner of FEC120 and have never used pellets before so still trying to learn basics.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Tagging onto Tom...

Cookshack and Traegar pellets are manufactured by different sources. Kept in a moisture free environment, you should have no problems.

Given your proximity to Ponca City,if you can arrange to pick up a pallet, you'll save a bundle.

I've had good luck with Cookshack Hickory and Mesquite pellets, both blended with Oak. Fast Eddy sells a 100% Hickory pellet though I'm not sure they would be available via Cookshack.
I picked up an FEC100 earlier this year. Been trying different brands of pellets. Thinking I'll probably be settling on either cookinpellets.com pellets or Lumberjack pellets, both are available locally at a good price.

These seem to be pretty low ash and have good flavor. BBQrs Delight is also a good pellet. I've never tried Traeger, but have heard they leave more ash and some are flavored with oils, the hickory I believe.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.