Skip to main content

My FEC100 got unplugged momentarily during the cook. When I powered it back on, it powers up, the fan comes on and its asking for cook time and temp. That's as far as it goes. I cant set the time or temp, cant choose the preset settings. I've tried unplugging, using the reset, cleaning the ashbox, igniter and temp sensor, all no help. Btw, its less than a year old and has about 20 previous cooks. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'll be busting open the crate next week Monday....can't wait. I am having "butt fest" two Saturday's from now and I'll be able to cook all 70lbs of butts on one cooker plus get some sleep before the party....what a treat. Only wished I would have had the fec for this years comp's (it will be a long winter waiting for next years comp's! Do the truck driver's usually help unload? They'll be delivering with a lift gate.
quote:
Originally posted by Jonas Winslo:
I'll be busting open the crate next week Monday....can't wait. I am having "butt fest" two Saturday's from now and I'll be able to cook all 70lbs of butts on one cooker plus get some sleep before the party....what a treat. Only wished I would have had the fec for this years comp's (it will be a long winter waiting for next years comp's! Do the truck driver's usually help unload? They'll be delivering with a lift gate.

Congratulations! When mine was delivered, the gentleman wheeled it off the lift-gate with a pallet jack and asked me where I wanted him to put it. He even waited while I removed the (un-damaged) cardboard wrap to inspect it. It was a beauty to behold!
Thanks for the input guys, sorry its taken so long to get back, I, like my fec100 was out of commission for awhile. Good news is we are both back in service! Smiler The blow dryer trick didn't seem to work. It only came back to full function once and a flickering display once out of about 15 attempts. Either way, after contacting Bill at Cookshack I got a new control board in a couple of days and everything has worked fine since. Briskets and Butts tomorrow. Thanks again to you guys and Bill at CookShack.

Lf8rmn

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.