Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have a 2010 FEC100. Two questions.

First, I am mounting the FEC100 to a utility trailer, and I want to lower it. I am planning to cut about 6" off the legs. Has anyone done this, and do you have any tips? Also, would love to see any tips on mounting it after the legs are cut. My thought was to attach some angle iron between the legs (either bolt or weld on) and then attach the bolts through the angle iron to the trailer.

2nd questions: for the past month or so, the IQ4 controller does not "beep" when I press buttons, set the cook temp, etc. Any reason why? Just want to make sure it is not a sign of a problem with the controller.

Thanks

Pete
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by fireman_pete:
Hi All,

I have a 2010 FEC100. Two questions.

First, I am mounting the FEC100 to a utility trailer, and I want to lower it. I am planning to cut about 6" off the legs. Has anyone done this, and do you have any tips? Also, would love to see any tips on mounting it after the legs are cut. My thought was to attach some angle iron between the legs (either bolt or weld on) and then attach the bolts through the angle iron to the trailer.

2nd questions: for the past month or so, the IQ4 controller does not "beep" when I press buttons, set the cook temp, etc. Any reason why? Just want to make sure it is not a sign of a problem with the controller.

Thanks

Pete

Sounds like your getting good advice on how to lower it right. Can only say..climbing up on a trailer to tend a pit can wear old guys plumb out over the course of day or so. Smart thinking on that. I firmly believe in cooking standing on terra firma. We also dont like to bend over too much. Can get a seasoned citizen down in the back..so to speak.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.