Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm having problems with my 2 older FEC 100's (2006 and a 2008)piling up pellets and the flame going out, but I've never had that issue with my 2014 FEC 120 which also has the IQ 4 controller. The Control boards in the 2 older units have been updated in the past but I didn't see any difference. So it's the sloped cast iron fire pots that typically have this problem more often?

How much are the SS fire pots?

Thanks,

SmokeHouse Blues
quote:
Originally posted by SmokeHouse Blues:
I'm having problems with my 2 older FEC 100's (2006 and a 2008)piling up pellets and the flame going out, but I've never had that issue with my 2014 FEC 120 which also has the IQ 4 controller. The Control boards in the 2 older units have been updated in the past but I didn't see any difference. So it's the sloped cast iron fire pots that typically have this problem more often?

How much are the SS fire pots?

Thanks,

SmokeHouse Blues

Some of the older IQ4 models have lower airflow fans, which mine is, when the fans get age on them they drag a little. I had flame out problems a couple years ago. When I replaced it with a newer(higher air flow) draft fan the problems went away. It did cause the cooker to cook different though, seems to cook at lower grate temp....could be just me imagining that though.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.