Cookshack Barbecue & Smoke-Cooking Center    forum.cookshack.com    Cookshack Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  FE/CS Pellet Smokers  Hop To Forums  FEC Owners Forum    FEC-100 Died Righf After Turning On...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FEC-100 Died Righf After Turning On... Login/Join

posted
I turned on my FEC-100 this evening and before I even had a chance to set the temperature I saw that the unit had died. I know it was on because I heard it turn on. What could have caused this? It couldn't be the high limit switch since I hadn't even started cooking...even though I hit that switch just in case.

Any ideas?

Posts: 31 | Registered: May 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it plugged into a GFI outlet? If yes, try resetting the outlet or try an alternate outlet.

If it's getting power, and you tried the green reset button and still no go, your best bet is calling Cookshack Monday and talk to Bill or Tony.

Sorry for your pain.

Posts: 2500 | Location: Woodstock, VT | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told older units had a fuse and newer units don't.

Posts: 755 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: June 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mack had a problem once with the brown electric line that goes between the cabinet and the controller getting sliced at edge of the cabinet. He said he always use to let the power cord rest there when not using the smoker, which caused the problem.

Posts: 2953 | Location: freeman,missouri | Registered: December 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post