Skip to main content

I have a Smokette SM025 and have been wanting to upgrade for quite some time. I mainly want a larger capacity for larger cooks as well as a unit that I Can use if I decide to enter into a competition every now and again. I definitely will not be getting rid of the SM025 though!

That said, I located a used FEC120 that appears to have been manufactured in 2013. It does not LOOK like it has been used a ton. Either that or it has been cleaned up. I'm not sure if it is already sold or not, but I have already asked a few questions regarding the auger, fan, controller, etc... Any advice on what to look for specifically besides actually firing it up and seeing it come to temp? I thought I had heard you could call Cookshack with a serial number, but what will that accomplish?

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Was hoping someone with some FEC120 experience would chime in, I don't have any experience with the 120, but I would imagine it's not too much different than the 100. I bought my FEC100 used, checked the gasket, general condition and made sure it came up to temp in a reasonable time and help temp. Mine was a 2012 model with very little usage. I believe the 120 has a convection fan, may want to ensure that works as well.
The FEC 120 is yet another Cookshack Workhorse. We use one at our restaurant, and couldn't do without it. Very consistent, and very versatile.

quote:
Originally posted by Ummm:
Thanks for the replies.

I spoke to Cookshack. She stated that as long as the auger and convection fan are working correctly then all should be good mechanically.

It's listed at $3100 and doesn't appear to have been used too awful much in the less than two years it's been around. Hopefully it works out.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.