Skip to main content

Recently purchased the rib rack and will be cooking 10 racks for a crowd in a few weeks. Any suggestions on time, temp, and what is the best location (top, middle, bottom) in the FEC-100 to place the rack? Not intending to cook them comp style. Rub, cook till done, sauce, slice serve. Planning on using Fast Eddies Rib Rub.
Original Post
My suggestions are:
Put 7 racks in the rib rack and 3 more flat on a regular rack. They will cook more evenly if not all crowded together.

Place the larger racks on the burner side (hotter) and the smaller racks on the chimney side (cooler).

Put the thicker ends to the back (hotter).

I smoke mine (biggest racks I can get @ Sam's ~3.5#s) @ 275 for 3 hours, foil and cook another hour, then rest in cooler 1-2 hours. Finish on grill if desired.

Consider doing 18 racks and vac sealing/freezing, selling or giving away some. The case price discount is usually 25% so it's buy 3 get one free! It's not much more effort and your friends and family will love you!

To vac seal, I cool in the fridge overnight in the foil. They stay juicer that way.

After 2 hours, throw a hotel pan of baked beans under the ribs.
Last edited by joem

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.