Skip to main content

here is my issue: I set the time for 12 hours, I set the temp for 180*, push start, the auger makes about 2 full rotations and stops. those pellets will burn off and it will not feed any more. I can push just th brisket button and start button, it will turn about 5 rotations and stop, no more action after that. pellets are oak from BBQR'S delight.

any body else experience this?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I had the same problem a couple of years ago. There is a reset button but if it is turning a couple of times and stopping resetting probably won't fix it. I had to order a new auger system that I think ran about $120. Call cookshack and they can walk you thru on how to check it or get you a new auger. oh and mine quit on Thanksgiving about an hour after the turkey was in the smoker. made for an interesting change of plans.
quote:
Originally posted by jennkent5454:
here is my issue: I set the time for 12 hours, I set the temp for 180*, push start, the auger makes about 2 full rotations and stops. those pellets will burn off and it will not feed any more. I can push just th brisket button and start button, it will turn about 5 rotations and stop, no more action after that. pellets are oak from BBQR'S delight.

any body else experience this?

I've never checked mine, cause I always put a handful of pellets in the pot when I fire it up. I think the auger will only run a few turns at the start and after a little while it will then start working? It's part of the startup process, so it don't smother the fire at the beginning.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.