Skip to main content

I owned an older-model FEC100 for almost 10 years and loved it. A friend offered to buy it, so I sprang for a brand new one that I can now keep out of the weather in my barn.
Got it in November. The problem was it would not turn on the display in cold weather.
After an email or two, Tony told me that the new ones had a faulty part. They sent me a new board for the controller in January. I'm just getting around to replacing the faulty one (been a cold spring!)
Problem---I am stupid! I disconnected the three connectors at the bottom of the board, just "assuming" they were keyed so they would only reattach a certain way. Not so! They can be attached in any order and I have no idea in which order to reattach them. One has mostly green wires, one several different colors, etc.'
Does anyone have a photo or diagram of these?
Of course I called customer service, but today is Saturday.
I can always wait til MOnday but I hoped someone could help!
Thanks!
JimBob
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well now, that's interesting! I have my paper copy of the Operator's Manual, Version 10.1, 4/1/10. It has exactly 13 pages. The link you just gave me (thanks!!!) goes of course to page 15. Wonder why they didn't include those extra two pages?
Also, I'm not quite sure the colors they indicate are the same as the wire colors on those connectors, but I'm heading back out to the barn with a flashlight right now!
Many thanks.
Thanks again! They don't make it real clear which is terminal #1 and which is #30, but once I was reasonably sure I held my breath and connected things. Turned it on, and smoke is only coming from the places it's supposed to, so I think I have it.
Oh, and there are of course "16" pages in the online manual, still only 13 in my paper manual. Why in the world they didn't include the crucial last three is beyond me.
Anyway, thanks for your help!
JimBob

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.