Skip to main content

Ok so my question is, I was doing 2 pork butts 18 lbs. And I noticed on my igrill2 that temp was dropping and here the fire was out and controller said off. My only guess was that the grease which do not drop on temp prob or the high limit switch somehow tripped and shut her down. So if I place a foil pan under the meat would this prevent this issue in the future? It's the only reason I can think of that causing that.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If the high limit switch tripped, it would need reset before the smoker will work.

These electronics are sensitive, if you had a lose of power or even a surge, it could have reset the board.

Did you have any wind that could have blown into the chimney and snuffed out the flame?

Personally, I've yet to have one go out because grease got on the internal temp probe.

If you have it happen again, give Bill a call at CookShack, he'll help you through the problem.
If the pit restated without issue, I'd guess it's a power problem.

Wind can knock out the fire but in that case you would see a firepot full of unburnt pellets and the controller would still be running.

If you hit high limit 1) you might have seen that on your igrill2 and 2) you would have to physically hit the reset button before proceeding.

Nordy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.