Skip to main content

I've been using an Amerique but I have really gotten interested in the FEC for two reasons: One - I am told it is easier get a decent smoke ring on the FEC, and; Two - I've also been told it's easier to get a crisp bark on an FEC.

Are these true assessments in your opinion? I'd appreciate learning more from owners of the FEC to help me in my decision.

Thanks, in advance.
Original Post
The smokering would be the last consideration of about 20 items.I have had ,and still do have, cookers in the Amerique CS group.I have had one of all the generations of FEC 100s,and still cook comps on some.I also have a FEPG for its uses,and a CS 160 which I like to cook my big meats and many other applications.

Neither is known as a huge smokering producer,such as a logburner with a long horizontal pipe that burns lots of wood and flows a lot of smoke.

I can make either produce a smokering,probably more in an AQ-if my particular goal is producing a smokering.

As to bark,that will be a function of my rub and how much sugar it contains,so I'd guess it would be about the same.The AQ is a moist cooker,which doesn't flow as much air,so it would produce a more dry exterior on ribs-in many cases.

Hope this helps a little.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.