Skip to main content

Looked all over and couldn't find the answer so hopefully someone knows this. I am mounting my two FEC100 on the porch of my cook trailer. One is reverse door so the way they will be set up will have the two exhausts facing each other about 6 inches apart.

1. Do I need to place something between the two exhausts so the one doesn't pump into the other?

2. This will be a permanent mount on the enclosed porch. I have covers for both and plan on putting a plastic bag over the hopper/controller before putting the covers on. I will also cover the exhausts. I believe I am good for travel but what about storage? Is there an issue with these units being outside all the time?

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I don't know if something would need to be between them, but couldn't you face them so they are on opposite sides, if that's a possible problem?

I see a FEC 500 sitting in the elements all the time. It never has a cover. Also see Southern Pride's left out and/or only partially protected. Not sure if I would do that, but apparently it's been working for them so far.
Typically I have seen them installed with the pellet hoppers in the middle and exhaust to the outside... Down side of this is you lose a little access to the auger motor etc if you ever have to get in there... but I've never had to get in there.... unless you leave some space between them.

I would highly recommend this setup. However I don't know the specifics of your application, it sounds as if there might not be room on the porch to place them in the manner I suggested?

Nordy
Try using a T connector or a 90 degree bent stovepipe to redirect the draft upwards instead of into the other cooker. I run my FECs with a t connect, 2 foot pipe, and a high wind cap all the time. If it's going to be permanently mounted in the trailer, you could run a pipe all the way through the roof and vent it there. If you do that, use the double walled pipe as advised in the manual.
Sounds like the elements won't be an issue. Unfortunately the way the trailer porch is set up there is a railing right where the exhaust would be for me to have them on the outside. But it sounds like having the exhausts on the outside is the way to go. I will look at having that railing moved to position them correctly. Thanks for the info and feedback!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.