Skip to main content

Recently had a good build up of BBQ gunk on the grills and have read and used various ways to clean. Neither were easy to do without creating a mess. I also purchased a plastic tote container from Wally world that I could just soak the grills in and while it worked well, it was still a messy project. I decided to just put them in my propane BBQ grill and "cook" them for about an hour at high heat and they came out amazingly clean. Used a stiff steel brush to knock all the ash off and then while they were still warm, brushed them with a little cooking oil. This for me was an incredibly simple method and did not require much work and produced great results.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Bill, from Cookshack ask me during a phone call once "how many times do you wash your weber grills?" I have thought lots about that question, my answer is never, only brush them down with a steel brush when they are still hot after a cook. That is how I clean mine after the cook. Someday the build up may get bad enough to take other action but till then the brush works well for me.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.