Skip to main content

If you saw my recent post, you know I purchased a used FEC120. I bought it knowing that the convection fan hasn't been working. I spoke with Cookshack today and they recommended checking a couple things. They said I could also check to see if the door sensor is working as well as checking to see if the motor is getting power. Since they're closed until Monday, does anyone know how to check the door sensor as well as how/where to check to see if the motor is getting electricity? The fan does spin when I manually do it so it isn't jammed. There doesn't seem to be a short at the motor. Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I haven't been able to get in touch with Cookshack, but changed the motor out. Still isn't working. I spliced both door sensor wires together and still doesn't work. New capacitor as well. Im not 100% that the motor is getting power, or the door switch at this point. I have a multimeter which isn't registering anything, but I'm not an expert with it. At a loss at this point.
It's embarassing, but one of the wires running to the fan was burned/melted inside the back of the smoker. I wasn't getting a reading on my voltmeter, but figured I was using it completely wrong. I left a message for Bill and he called right back and within an hour or so he had a new wiring harness shipped to me. Can't beat Cookshack.

Now I have to figure out why the fan runs even with the door open. Even with the wires completely disconnected from the door senser. Ha. Everything else seems to be running like a champ now though.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.