Skip to main content

All,

David and Todd are having a joint class in Tulsa soon. David hasn't stopped by here, but I wanted to post this for all of you.

quote:
I am proud to announce that Butcher BBQ and Pork Pullin Plowboys have teamed up to start doing competition BBQ classes. You will be shown championship meat selection, prep, spice flavors, cooking methods, and box presentations. 14 Grand Championships, 7 Reserve Grand Championships, 7 KCBS T.O.Y. awards, hundreds of Top 10 calls and this was just in 2009. Our 1st class will be held May 29th and 30th in Tulsa Oklahoma. A link to the registration will be posted by the end of the weekend.

Each of them will share what and how they do it, and since I'm pretty familiar with both cooks (I've seen them teach) this is a class I think would be well worth it.

They both bring a lot of experience, I highly recommend the class.

Russ
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
If you do Reno in September, you can compete in the Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off.

Pages, that's not a contest, it's a vending event, regardless of what they say. Those teams are there to vender and they make money that way.

That said, it's a pretty HUGE event, just don't call it a contest Big Grin
just so if any one is thinking about this class when it comes to your area, DO IT. it was a very good class this week end. David and Todd are knowledgable and take you step by step in each cataglory of meats. you learn meats,spices, etc. from trimming to presentation, they walk you thru it all. also, thank you David, and Todd,I enjoyed the expiriance.
Thanx for the update on courses. Wish I could attend one of these dates but family commitments and travel are too far away. Hope you will have a course in the Southeast sometime soon. Would be there faster than you can say hickory smokin',lip smakin', flavor bustin' BBQ competin'ly awesome.
Nekked Pig - We are working out dates for early 2011. Florida and the Carolinas are on the list for possible locations. We are looking for retailers/BBQ groups that want to partner with us to work out local logistics. We pay all the costs, but having a local group to work with is a plus.

RandyE - Go to the links provided for Michigan and Arizona. The dates and locations are listed there. Thanks!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.