Skip to main content

I got to meet Russ The "Smokin Okie" and Stuart Powell, CEO of Cookshack this weekend. Also I finally got to meet Nordy, and of course David Bouska of "Butcher BBQ" at the Sam's Club Local Contest this weekend here in Midwest City, OK

All these gentlemen are "Top Shelf"! we all had a good time visiting and competing with each other. Funny as it may seem we somehow all winded up next to each other in placement of our cooksites.

Congratulations to the CookShack Forum members who displayed that the FEC is a solid contender in any contest at any level of the game!

I especially enjoyed my visit with Smokin' and got to hear him talk about his new venture. I feel very confident that the Coaches chain will se a marked improvement in both its quality of food and bottom line with Smokin's expertise and passion in this project!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Great to meet you too and great showing, you're cooking well, you just need more rib points.

Always fun doing that. Wish I could have met more/stayed longer but with the grandkids in town, it's was a busy week.

Hopefully, after we go "live" and you come through the city, you can critique my food Wink
Congrats to David and David! They will represent well at St. Charles.

It was pretty cool that we all ended up in the same area. I think we will all be in the same general area in Stillwater as well.

Just some stats... 9 of the 29 teams were cooking on at least one FEC100, 6 other teams were using some type of pellet cooker. Not too bad showing for FE/Cookshack and pellet cooking in general.

I learned a lot at my first competition and it was nice to hear our name called a couple of times. Hopefully that trend will continue!

Congrats again to Dave and Dave... Great cooks!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.