Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have used both and don't see much difference between the two.If used too strong,IMHO, gives the product an off taste,more so notable in the brisket.

Main benefit is to keep a product that has been sliced or pulled from drying out after it has set 15-20 minutes in a competition turn in box.

I see David(Butcher's BBQ) at half of dozen contest's a year. Always go up and talk with him after judging is done. He is more than happy to answer any of my questions....I guess you can see where this is leading...I don't have to pay shipping, now if he would just come loose with some product, I'd tell you his is the BEST...lol! Oops, I guess he did put some in the CS comp class goody bag.

I've been taught by Smokin' to always try one of each and see what I like, so that's my recommendation.
I prefer David products. He's a butcher and has a lot of wins (of his own as well as others using his products). Koz' stuff to me is more of a knockoff than real innovation (that's my opinion).

But Cal is right. Get some and try them. Key is to match the flavors of those up with your spices, methods, etc.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.