Skip to main content

I entered my second KCBS sanctioned event this weekend in Bedford Texas and a BBQ Pitmaster TV show broke out. I think this is the only KCBS event in TX every year. I'm following the nice gent on the golf cart and he guided me to my spot....hmmm....20 yards from the BBQ Pitmaster set. This ought to be interesting. They are filming the first show of the season. The weekend goes by with all of the expected hoopla... Myron, Tuffy, ect.... milling around. Lotsa work to film this thing. I did grin a bit to watch the NY crew work in our 100 degree heat. They thought they were in hell. And.....I kid you not.... an ambulance pulled up next to my pop up to attend to one of these guys because he........wait.....wait.....drum roll....STUMPED HIS TOE!! I couldn't believe they called an ambulance for this crap. We yank man cards down here immediately for that. I saw the paramedic later in the turn in area...we just looked down and both shook our heads. Otherwise, we all had a fantastic time trying to keep up with filming, cooking and turn-ins.... in the end, we probably didn't do any of it justice. I did get a grin when one of the crew members came over to borrow a ( cough ) brisket slicing knife. Seems somebody forgot to pack that. I was eager to oblige with my official Cookshack chef knife I got in my cooking school goody bag. Next day.... yep... needed it again. So...stay tuned. If you see them slice brisket in the first show...look for the Cookshack logo!

And no..... I didn't get my knife back. A small price to pay Smiler

Coach
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.