Skip to main content

I have a 6X12 carmate trailer with rear ramp door and 6' 6" ceilings that I am going to use for competitions and vending events.
I already have a 3 comp sink, handwashing sink with water supply etc but need to rig it for places that do not have electric so I can use the water and FEC100.

I was thinking of building a box on the tongue that would hold the batteries for the converter, propane tank and fish cooker (for heating water if needed)

This way it would not take up valuable space inside and would be vented outside trailer. Obviously the propane tank would be secured well away from batteries.

Also I have heard of people using the rear ramp as a porch, I know its heavy duty as it could support my big a$$ and a Kawasaki 1600 Vulcan but wonder if it would be safe to just roll the FEC100 out on that if its supported with blocks and 2X8.

I am going to my first comp this weekend and figure you guys have seen it all and can give me some advice.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I don't know how big a$$ you and your Vulcan are but I put two FE's on my ramp. I'll have to hunt up some photos.

I used 4 ton jacks and put them under each corner of the ramp (I put a bigger 2x4 of pressure treated between the ramp and the jack). They are small and easy to find. I also put jacks under the back edge of the trailer at the pivot point to prevent the trailer from bowing at that point.

Then all you have to worry about is the open rear end.

I made a curtain out of a couple of old Furniture Pads. That way the blocked noise and later in the year, they kept the A/C inside the trailer. I made a rod at the back and hung them from that.

Lots of options, but that's what I did.
Here you go, these are actually Candy Sue's trailer where I got the idea. I'll have to look and see if I have my specific trailer:

The only change I have is to put a block of wood between the jack and the ramp. I used pressure treated.
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.