Skip to main content

Just to show you Stuart and Eddy aren't just vacationing and enjoying the weather in KCMO,here is Eddy's latest post.

Posted by Fast Eddy on September 27, 2010 at 20:56:27:
FREE,FREE,FREE 100% Hickory BBQ Pellets at the American Royal. There is a coupon in every team packet. Bring it to space 975 and get the wood that won Holy Smokes GC two events in a row. It's also top of the leader board in Brisket so far this year. Come get one and see what it's all about. All pellets aren't created the same. Get one and taste the differance. We have better BTU's, lower ash and more flavor then anyone else we tested and tasted.

American Royal time is here. Cookshack will be offering added prize money to the Open and Invitational. $1000 to the Grand Champion and $100 to the regular meat catigories 1st place winners. You will need to fill out the form that will be in your bag you'll get at the Royal and drop it off at spaqce 976 or 975 to be eligible!!!!! You also need to cook on a FE or FEC cooker

These are 20 lb bags thar CS is providing for several hundred cooks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We were discussing them last night as to higher BTU s and low ash,but hickory is a very hard wood,so it could surpass the typical oak that is the heat wood??

Here is part of a discussion between Eddy and Candysue.

Posted by Fast Eddy on September 28, 2010 at 17:55:49:
In Reply to: Re: American Royal free pellets and added money posted by Candy Sue on September 28, 2010 at 13:44:14:

You bet you can have one to. Go get Donny's ticket to. Our testing consisted of setting cookers up side by side and running them out using scales to measure the products used and gatering the ash and doing the same. Would you agree if the same model pit used 9# of brand X in one unit and our brand used 6# same temp, time and all the same side by side at the same time would be good enough to say "we tested".

She'll get Donny's pellets,also because Donny is cooking on his beautiful painted Jambo
and doesn't need them.

Smokin' might have some insight.
Last edited by tom
CS hasn't sold Traeger pellets for almost a year now.

I'm not 1000% sure, but FE pellets and the new CS pellets are the same. I don't think FE is selling pellets like he used to when they were different, but I'd guess now they're both CS/FE the same pellets.

The 65/35 blends or 100% (not sure which is which on all their pellets now.

Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Coach:
Eddy has his own brand. I have 10lbs of his in my garage now waiting to try. They are 100% hickory

Actually, that's the old days.

I just today confirmed with Stuart that the FE and CS brands are the same pellets. The only difference is that FE ships by pallet.

FE also sells a 100% hickory, but CS is carrying those too now on a trial basis.
Guys,

I talked directly to Stuart this week. You're information is old (yeah, right May is old).

FE and CS pellets are the same.

The only question is where to buy 100% hickory, but even if you buy them from CS, they're the same as FE. CS used to not carry the 100% hickory, but they now have them also.

Same pellets, just two sources to buy from.

Now back to our originally scheduled program.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.