Skip to main content

I just found out that we're headed to the Jack! To say that we're excited would be an understatement! Pellet Power!

This will be our first time for this contest. I have no clue what to do at this point. Any tips or suggestions you might have would be very much appreciated. (i.e. Sites to visit, lodging for friends/family, when to show up, etc.) Don
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Most of the few rooms are already booked.Better start looking now and watch the bbq forum for anyone wanting to give up their rooms.

Often a lot of rain at least one night,so take boots for it.Wood pallets around your cooksite,if it is low.There is a feed and hardware store near there that sells bales of straw to soak up wet ground.

Can get real chilly up on the hill when you go for dinner.Not a lot of places to visit.Take the tour of Jack.

Buy your hats,shirts,etc from the local store as soon as you get there.They sell out.

They'll have your schedule of when you do the few things.

Ribdog will probably check in.He has been a lot of times and even worked it-so he knows the inside scoop.

Enjoy and talk to Fast Eddy.He knows a bunch.
Congrats on the Draw, very exciting. Make sure you take it in, the Jack tour. Lunch at Mary Bobo's. Get a Barrel Head with your team name, maybe another and have the teams sign it.

Enjoy the parade, and cook what or the way got you there. I did not last year, as I was trying to guess what they wanted and well, I guessed wrong. lol

You got there by winning, so something went right. I would be interested in the new score sheet and see how the tables went.

There is a vendor that sells (at least they did last year) mugs with the logo on it for 20 bucks with unlimited old fashion (Kinda, still bag in the box) sodas. The cream soda mixed with some gentleman Jack is awesome and everyone has a mug, so nobody knows it is a fancy Red Cup.

Most of all have fun.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.