Skip to main content

I ordered it with the scissor jacks on each of the 4 corners. The jacks on the ramp were kind of a nice surprise, I had described what I wanted to do and had planned to purchase some jack stands to stick under there, but they went ahead and added the permanent jacks... I really like how they did it.

I have never looked under the trailer to see where the scissors are actually bolted etc, but I highly recommend them. They help a ton in stabilizing the trailer especially when loading and unloading, but also there is a noticeable difference when just walking in the trailer. They also help to level the trailer on site, as most sites are not level! I've got the two in the back and two more in the front.

The trailer has 50AMP service (which I use adapters to scale down to 30, 20, or 15 amp). When I pull into a competition, I hook the trailer to site power and the "SmokinOkie Triplite system" is plugged into the trailer system. So, if the batteries need to be topped off, they charge at that point (from the site/trailer power). The FEC100 and PG1000 plug into the tripplite (via extension cord). So ... if site power is lost, the triplite kicks in to keep the pits running.

IF There is no site power or site power goes out and I need the trailer to be powered (lights etc) then I just unplug the tripplite from the trailer and plug the trailer electric into the tripplite (inverter) Then it'll run the the electric on the trailer AND the pits off of battery... (cant run the Air Conditioner of course....)

That's it...
Thanks much Nordy...I see it now. I have a 6.5 x 8 South GA trailer that has 7' interior height and is brandy new. I am about to pull paneling, insulate, build electric, put paneling back, skin walls with FRP, linoleum floor, add jacks and then get ready for comps.

I have an hard choice right now. I have funds to go Honda 2000i generator or build the Triplite system with a few bucks left over. My motorhome has a serious built in gas generator but I want the trailer to operate stand alone. Probalby going trip lite and your/smokin's way.

Please confirm the jacks on your ramp are four across the back and none in center.

thanks
They are adjustable height. I think they are the same kind of kick jacks that sometimes are used under corners of a trailer rather than scissor jacks (scissor are better!).

In my picture It's not level (because the trailer is not level)... but if I have the trailer leveled reasonably the ramp can be leveled as well. Only time the ramp wouldn't be level is if there was a big hill behind the trailer that didn't effect the trailer but did effect the ramp... In other words If the trailer is parked on a downhill slope where the front trailer jacks needed to be extended more than the back jacks there might be some slope to the ramp if the distance needed on the ramp jack was less than the lowest setting on the ramp jack itself...

That was wordy... I don't know if that makes sense.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.