Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

THANKS so much everyone.

Yeah, Sonja and I had a very exciting weekend of cooking at our 1st comp. We are glad to have all the well wishes and congrats from our friends and the CS family.

I'd be far from truthful, if I didn't say we made some mistakes and were very lucky to hit "good tables".

I did cook the best ribs in my life and knew we would walk in them, but everything else was just icing on the cake. If we never walk or win again, it has been a SWEET ride.

I'd like to say thanks all the fine cooks that took the time to congratulate us at Tonganoxie Days BBQ after the award ceremony...it was a class act and CONGRATS to all those that heard their names called.
quote:
Originally posted by AZScott:
Wow!!! Nice job Cal. Absolutely awesome that you and your wife won on your first comp. Man, that had to be one heck of a feeling.

Thanks....It really was a roller coaster of emotions. I thought my chicken was good enough to walk, so yes I was really on cloud 9 when I got my 1st ever call.

Then I knew my ribs were real good, but after they called all the way to 2nd and I hadn't heard my name it was like OH CHIT, I've just gotten to feel how some of the cooks talk about judge number 6. It was awful, then they called our name, what a roller coaster from a low to a feeling I've never experienced as a cook.

I was in a daze when I sat down and then they called pork and I was the 1st call at 10th. At that moment I was in heaven and the BBQ God was just smiling at me.

That moment there will never be forgotten and all the work I've put into this sport was rewarded with that feeling.

It truly was a special day for us.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.