Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If I were doing this (taking them elsewhere) I think I would cook them until finished in the smoker - FTC and then only warm them up in the oven. In my experience, ribs always seem better/more tender the second day after being warmed up. But I might not even FTC them but carry them refrigerated. Need to be careful of food safety though.
uncut short ribs are beef ribs, not pork at least for me they would be.. If anyone wants to send me the book, I'll read up on them. I've heard good things about it. There aren't a ton of beef rib posts so I expect those times/temps you see are for spares and backs. If you need more details, just let us know. If so start a new topic title Franklin beef ribs.
quote:
uncut short ribs are beef ribs, not pork at least for me they would be.. If anyone wants to send me the book, I'll read up on them. I've heard good things about it. There aren't a ton of beef rib posts so I expect those times/temps you see are for spares and backs. If you need more details, just let us know. If so start a new topic title Franklin beef ribs.

I have the book on kindle (ipad)and could 'loan' it to you if you like... Got a device with a kindle app?
I've done uncut short ribs (plate, not chuck) from Sam's (choice) and RD (select). In the cryovac, they come in four 3-rib pieces and that's how I cook them. For trim, I take all of the fat and the silverskin off the meat side, and some of the heavier fat off the bone side. I don't try to mess with the membrane on the bone side since I think it tends to hold the rack together. I use the same rub I use on brisket. I cook them at 225 in my AQ like just about everything else (except salmon) and they take around 12 - 13 hours to get to 200, depending on meatiness. I love the texture, much different from brisket, more like tender pot roast. I have become a big fan.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.