Skip to main content

As a matter of form, rather than resurrect 7 or 8 year old threads, it is always better to start a new post. Some of the contributors you are replying to are probably dead by now. Cookshack has left a lot of old stuff in place when they started the "new" Forum. Some of it was meant as legacy, but this particular thread is really moribund and should be archived.

Last edited by jay1924
jay1924 posted:

As a matter of form, rather than resurrect 7 or 8 year old threads, it is always better to start a new post. Some of the contributors you are replying to are probably dead by now. Cookshack has left a lot of old stuff in place when they started the "new" Forum. Some of it was meant as legacy, but this particular thread is really moribund and should be archived.

How about "Hi, how are you, welcome back!" 

"Some of the contributors you are replying to are probably dead by now."

What a pleasant thought.

"...but this particular thread is really moribund and should be archived."

More death references.  
If you're a forum moderator, go ahead and archive it.  You're not encouraging use of this forum with this approach.

mor·i·bund
/ˈmôrəˌbənd/

adjective

1. (of a person) at the point of death.

Similar:
    dying  expiring  on one's deathbed  near death  near the end  at death's door
     breathing one's last  fading/sinking fast  not long for this world
     failing rapidly  on one's last legs
     in extremis

with one foot in the grave

Opposite:
    thriving
    recovering

• (of a thing) in terminal decline; lacking vitality or vigor.
      "the moribund commercial property market"

Wow, sorry if I offended. I am certainly not the forum moderator. One of the major problems with this forum is that there isn't one. In any case, I still maintain that a thread that is more than 7 years old is past the end of its useful life. If you've been reading here over the past year or so, you know the forum itself is struggling to stay alive since the platform change CS chose. Yeah, more death references, I guess. At least that's one certain thing in life

New to the forum, Was mildy concerned as when I joined my chrome stated there was a hack on the forum that compromised 303 of my passwords....strange. I love smoking meats,.I just recently purchased a SM066, I was previously, and still am a stick smoker. I have several from 500 gallon converted from a water tank, to several from old propane tanks.

I am a believer,  my wife and I created "Wholly BBQ", tag line is "We'll make a believer out of you. We partner with churches that want BBQ meat for some type of event.  We do the cookin and just ask for a donation. We usually do pretty fine, our proceeds goes to our church and other missions we supports.

Wanted to have less work, so I purchased the SM066. Please tell me one thing, so far I have definitely used to much wood in the chip box. It is getting better but wow, that thing smokes.  Below is a sample ad we did for a re-union.

WhollyBBQCafe_c_G

Attachments

Images (1)
  • WhollyBBQCafe_c_G

Hope you enjoy your SM066. I've had mine for about 7.5 years and I love it. Not sure if you were asking a question about wood, but I never use more than 4 oz., even for long cooks like brisket or pork butt. For things like ribs, chuckies, or pastrami, more like 2.5 - 3 oz., and fish maybe 1.5 oz. I have some almonds in right now, with 1 oz. of hickory.  And of course you should use chunks, not chips, and not soak them. Enjoy!

@Skybizzer posted:

New to the forum, Was mildy concerned as when I joined my chrome stated there was a hack on the forum that compromised 303 of my passwords....strange. I love smoking meats,.I just recently purchased a SM066, I was previously, and still am a stick smoker. I have several from 500 gallon converted from a water tank, to several from old propane tanks.

I am a believer,  my wife and I created "Wholly BBQ", tag line is "We'll make a believer out of you. We partner with churches that want BBQ meat for some type of event.  We do the cookin and just ask for a donation. We usually do pretty fine, our proceeds goes to our church and other missions we supports.

Wanted to have less work, so I purchased the SM066. Please tell me one thing, so far I have definitely used to much wood in the chip box. It is getting better but wow, that thing smokes.  Below is a sample ad we did for a re-union.

WhollyBBQCafe_c_G

My first electric was the Amerique 066.  And my first butt was a creosote coated disaster. Each time the smoke ran out, I added more wood.  I used 12 ounces total in spite of the most excellent instructions that cautioned against it. That is what I deserved following peoples recommendations on another forum where Master Built reigns king. I learned my lesson.  Nothing but perfection from that point forward.  Enjoy and blessings to you and yours.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.