Skip to main content

Hi I have an AQ smoker has worked great until this year... Then the controller went haywire... Got the advice to dry it out. Did that and it work... Happen again... does anyone have a suggestion to alleviate the problem... its tiresome to need take the lid to jiggle the connections and dry the insulation. The smoker is outside and has a AQ cover. warm regards Howard Ross
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I had the same problem and diagnosed it to the vent being loose and not properly sealed on top. The vent was letting moisture into the Insulation and then into the controller. II removed the vent and cleaned it up before using high temp caulking to reseal it.  Apply the caulking to the top and bottom flange and threads before tightening it back on.

Last edited by 123DAD

I'm having trouble seeing how moisture gets "in" while hot air and smoke (and moisture) are escaping from the cooking meat? If you let your smoker cool down all the way after a smoke when the outside air is humid, I could see moisture condensing inside. But even that amount shouldn't affect the controller. I'd call CS and ask for assistance in troubleshooting the problem, they'll help.

My controller didn't go haywire, but my screen would condensate inside during a cook.  After resealing the vent the condensation on the screen stopped. Recently my smoker would stop in the middle of a cook. I called CS and they where extremely helpful and professional in helping me diagnose my problem.  I changed out my heating element and have 2 complete cooks with no problem.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.