Cookshack Barbecue & Smoke-Cooking Center    forum.cookshack.com    Cookshack Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Start your Smoking Adventure Here  Hop To Forums  Open Forum    Commercial Vacuum Sealer for Whole Turkey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commercial Vacuum Sealer for Whole Turkey Login/Join

posted
Hey guys,

I'm sure some of you have the same issue that I am facing. I like to smoke turkeys for thanksgiving and freeze some of them to give away. I've tried all different kinds of vacuum sealers, but the regular sealers with the flat external bags (foodsaver or equiv.) just don't seem to hold a very good seal. I was thinking of switching to a chamber type sealer. Has anyone in here used a chamber vacuum sealer to seal whole turkeys? I'm looking at the ARY-VacMaster SVP-20 as a possibility. Thanks in advance for your help.

Posts: 32 | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Is this Heaven.... no... it's Iowa.
posted Hide Post
Most of the people I smoke turkeys for just like the white meat so I only smoke the turkey breasts (still on the carcass). I do remove them from the carcass after smoking but before vac sealing them. That vac sealer looks like the Cadillac of sealers, but momma isnt going to be happy with me if I buy a $3200 sealer. Or even a $2950 used one. Smiler Just sayin....

Bob

Never wrestle a pig... you just get dirty and the pig has fun!

Posts: 669 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What you need is a chamber sealer. They hold a great seal and there are chamber sealers out there large enough to easily seal an entire turkey. One of the best vacuum sealers out on the market, in my humble opinion, are minipack vacuum sealers. OfficeZone.com sells a few models that may work.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good morning Soulhunter,

Cabelas has a couple of chamber sealers.

cabelas.com: food and food prep - vacuum sealers

They run from $1,200.00 to $1,400.00. Much less expensive than the chambers at Office Zone.

I've always been happy with the quality of stuff I've bought from Cabelas.

Hook

Posts: 398 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post