Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You were in the stall @ 174. It can sit there for hours! Once it powers through the stall, it's amazing how fast it climbs to 200 (at least in comparasion to just sitting there). Next time try starting @ 250 and cook while you sleep (you'll drink less beer that way). Don't open the smoker til AM. I start @ 10 PM with plan to pull out around noon. Then FTC til 4 (or whenever company arrives). That way you can get cleaned up while it's resting and finish any sides. Pull the meat in front of your guests for "maximal effect"! Wink
I did a butt for Labor Day dinner. Butt went in at 10 PM, 225 degrees Saturday for a dinner on Sunday at 4 PM. Target IT was 195. Do to family pressure (wife, son, daughter-in-law) worried about 'over-cooking, I pulled it around 2 PM with IT at 190, foiled, toweled and placed in a cooler. Came out perfect for pulling; was still screaming hot at 3:30. Stalls and family can be frustrating at times. Have patience.
SmokinOkie, I am having such a good time with my 025. Cookshack has figured it all out for me. I just need to keep smoken. All the info. on this forum is awesome. I would like to smoke salmon next. I like the way the guy out of Montana prepares and smokes his king salmon. Sorry I Can't remember his name at this time. His recipe looks amazing. jacko.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.