Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yup, I've done it before. It's pretty expensive but doable.

You'll need to freeze whatever you're sending. You'll need to insulate a cardboard box with Styrofoam or similar. Shipping needs to be 2nd day delivery. Depending on the destination, this time of year you might be able to avoid frozen gel-packs, which of course add weight.

As I recall, it cost me about $70 to ship $20 of pulled pork to TX some years ago.
Had a KCBS and TX cook that opened a pretty large bbq joint near Dallas about a decade ago..

He couldn't sell pulled pork,so he started giving a full sandwich with all condiments to each customer as they left.
He couldn't even give it away.

"That ain't bbq"! Roll Eyes

Smokin' was working KCMO for a few months,around five years ago.

Oklahoma Joes had opened and was very popular.Smokin' says they served pulled pork one afternoon a week for lunch.Only place you could get it.

Smokin' can clean up the timing on this,when he checks in.
Update, I've received feedback from all the folks that I mailed ham to on thurs. They have all received it and it is in good condition. One has ate some of it and said it was wonderful. So, I guess a few days is ok for my ham at least. I would not think dry cured bacon would be much different. I don't think ribs would go without some kind of insulation/cooling help, but then cured meat was fine.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.