Skip to main content

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 9, 2009

Click the link to see the Cookshack Charbroiler.

100% Wood Charbroiler Cooks as Consistently as Gas Charbroiler

Cookshack’s new pellet-fired charbroiler gives the cook the advantages of the consistency of a gas grill and the flavor of a wood grill, while eliminating the headaches of a wood grill.

See the charbroiler at the National Restaurant Association Show, May 16 - 19, 2009, McCormick Place, Chicago, IL, Booth #1585.

PONCA CITY, OKLAHOMA, USA – April 9, 2009

Cookshack’s thermostatically-controlled pellet-fired charbroiler gives the cook the advantages of the consistency of a gas grill and the flavor of a wood grill, while eliminating the headaches of a wood grill.

The Cookshack Charbroiler, developed in early 2009, is the first pellet-fired charbroiler on the market. It is fueled by 100% food grade wood pellets and requires only a small amount of electricity to operate its pellet cooking system. The Cookshack Charbroiler is intended to replace traditional gas or wood charbroilers used by restaurants for preparation of grilled meats.

Most restaurants prepare grilled meats over a gas grill commonly known as a charbroiler. While this method of preparation gives consistent results, it does not add the wood smoke flavor that people love. In an attempt to solve this problem of lack of flavor, some restaurants use log-burning wood grills, but these grills are difficult to operate and results are inconsistent. Cookshack’s pellet-fired charbroiler cooks with the consistency of a gas grill and the flavor of a wood grill.

Anyone who can cook on a gas grill can cook on a Cookshack Charbroiler.
Wood log grills require that the cook not only cook the food, but manage a live fire while doing it. It’s impossible to maintain a consistent temperature. As the fire dies down and new logs are added, temperature fluctuations naturally occur. If the cook has been cooking steaks at 800F and the temperature drops to 600F, the cook has to have the skill to know that this has happened and adjust cooking times accordingly. This takes experience and know-how that take time to learn. Employee turnover becomes an even bigger pain in the neck when your experienced grill cook leaves! The Cookshack Charbroiler’s thermostatically-controlled pellet-cooking system keeps the grill cooking at a consistent temperature while giving meats the desired wood grilled flavor.

The Cookshack Charbroiler is safe to use. The front loading hopper keeps the cook’s hands away from the hot grill surface while adding pellets.

Unlike some gas grills which use lightweight cast iron grates, the Cookshack Charbroiler is equipped with heavy duty cast iron grills which distribute heat evenly, eliminating hot and spots. During test cooking, the grill surface maintained temperature at +/- 10F.

Food grade wood pellets are readily available, take up little space, and can be stored inside, unlike the big, dirty logs required by wood grills. The ash resulting from pellets is minimal and can be safely and quickly disposed of without the risks associated with large amount of hot ashes from wood logs. Employees are not in danger of being burned, and dumpster fire danger is eliminated.

Cookshack is the leader in pellet-fired cooking equipment for commercial markets. Having manufactured Cookshack brand of electric smoker ovens for 50 years and the Fast Eddy’s by Cookshack brand of pellet-fired smokers for 7 years, Cookshack has the unique expertise to develop the first pellet-fired charbroiler for the commercial cook.

Cookshack’s history of delivering quality smoke-cooking equipment for over 50 years is equaled by its customer service philosophy of solving customer problems quickly and skillfully. Customers are served by well-trained staff who know customers by name, not as “accounts”; a website with a customer-driven knowledgebase; and easy access to the company through a toll free phone number and email.

For the first time, the professional cook can grill meats over 100% wood heat and smoke with consistent results and the sought-after, well-loved flavor that the heat/smoke combination gives. Industry-leader Cookshack delivers the first 100% wood burning pellet-fired commercial charbroiler that gives the cook the capability of grilling consistently flavorful meats while completely eliminating the problems of lack of flavor, heat inconsistency, fuel storage, and ash disposal associated with other grills.

See the charbroiler at the National Restaurant Association Show, May 16 - 19, 2009, McCormick Place, Chicago, IL, Booth #1585.

###

Cookshack Barbecue & Smoking Equipment

Cookshack manufactures smoker ovens for commercial, home, and competition use under the brand names of Cookshack and Fast Eddy’s by Cookshack. Cookshack has an industry-wide reputation for its high quality products and exceptional customer service. The company has been in business for over 45 years and ships its products worldwide. Most commercial equipment is NSF approved and UL listed; most stainless steel models are USDA approved. Residential equipment is UL listed. Cookshack is privately held and is located in Oklahoma. Made in the USA.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey Donna, you should mention in your literature that this grill won't coat the entire restaurant(I'm assuming) in a light dusting of ash every night. I worked for a chain that cooked on a log fired grill and the cleaning bills were enormous. We had to have an outside crew in every store/every day to clean the dining rooms from top to bottom. Hanging light fixtures, pictures, everything. Anything that puts out less ash will be greatly appreciated by restaurateurs.
Todd,I like your style! Cool

Only thing I can offer is, I've cooked on a bunch of CS products,as well as about a half century of other products-fine to weak.

The volume/fuel usage/cost is always estimated on the way negative side.

I always push CS estimates-which they probably don't always appreciate me posting. Big Grin

The cost/ease per usage,value of equipment over time/usage is never exploited.

CS isn't a hard marketer,and waits /lets the product speak for itself, and the cooks' word of mouth.

A half century of success speaks for itself,but maybe some of the fine new products,need more than we old cooks/skeptics eventually expose to the uninitiated consumers out there.

Can't wait to get a look at the new,more flexible cookers,but"they'll have to pry our cold ,dead hands off our traditional Cookshacks and my FEC s".

I am confidant CS can come up with great new ideas,but these are sure dominating cookers for the home cook/backyard kitchen,vendor/caterer,and my passion - the comp cook teams.

So far,CS always scares me,how they exceed my expectations.

The co- cook,just wants to know how we find the room,for the cookers we can't live without.

This sure looks like a Florida natural.

I am already thinking about all the applications in our marketplace.
Take a look:

Cookshack Charbroiler CB036 (36")

Also available in 24" and 48".

Don't forget to come and see us at the NRA show May 16 - 19. From now until the end of the show we are offering a 10% discount.

Pricing is as follows:

24" -- $2895
36" -- $3195
48" -- $3695

We have been really tickled at how well this thing cooks. Little variation in heat distribution, easy to use, consistent as a gas grill, and so on!
quote:
Originally posted by Todd G.:
Hey Donna, you should mention in your literature that this grill won't coat the entire restaurant(I'm assuming) in a light dusting of ash every night. I worked for a chain that cooked on a log fired grill and the cleaning bills were enormous. We had to have an outside crew in every store/every day to clean the dining rooms from top to bottom. Hanging light fixtures, pictures, everything. Anything that puts out less ash will be greatly appreciated by restaurateurs.

Todd G, excellent point! Thank you.

Pellets have about 10% of the ash output of wood logs. A burned log leaves about 30% in ash; pellets leave about 3%, which leads me to believe that very little ash will be released into the atmosphere from the pellet grill. We won't know for sure until we have a few installations in operation, which should happen fairly soon after the National Restaurant Show this week. We'll get some sold and in use and then we can better determine how much, if any, ash escapes into the environment. We do our testing in our factory and it's just not possible to measure something like this in that setting.
quote:
Originally posted by bigbellyBBQ:
I was wondering how the units are doing in the field? What kind of feedback on taste? What kind of feedback are you getting in regards to ash being released into the atmosphere? The units look great.

Leonard

Based on what Stuart has told me, many who ordered one have now ordered more and seem to want to replace their gas units.

Still fairly new, so info is still rather hard to find.

Call CS and ask, they can give you more info.
I have the Pellet Grill, waiting for a cover to be designed for these before I get one. I don't have a kitchen inside to put it in.

One note, the grates are awesome, they're about 20 to 25 pounds for each one so once they get heated, they'll hold the heat well.

Maybe we'll hear back from Dave (butcher BBQ) he has one of the units. Wonder if he's doing comp chicken on it Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.