Skip to main content

Now that they have been out awhile anyone want to give any feedback on there use. Im really wanting to replace my gas and charcoal grill and have been going back and forth on Fast Eddys and cookshacks. Im thinking of leaning towards the CS though as the direct cooking surface of Eddys is small at 10x18 but the indirect side would be great not to have to fire up the fec to do 1 pb or bisket. Ahh i hate choices. So after the rambling any feedback. Smokeness, taste, cleanup
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

DM

Some general thoughts. I have one on the way, so I'm going based upon a couple of test runs. You could PM Butcher, he has one he's been cranking away on.

Not sure how much "smokiness" you're going to get, it's a charbroiler. It only has three settings and one of them isn't smoke. Broilers are designed to burn hotter and this one will.

I love the taste of food grilled on my Fast Eddy Grill, the wife even commented the first time (she thought I was using the old gasser).

The CB has a water pan (to catch the ash) so that's the biggest cleanup.

Oh, and don't really need to wash the 20 lb grates, there's huge and heavy. Just run it on high and burn off any residual gunk.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.