Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Chacahoula Tiger:
Just got a new temp monitor....Can't wait to try it.

I bought one of these a few weeks ago and can't figure out how to use it :/

I bought a latching plastic case from them for it as well (to protect it from inclement weather). Looks great, I just can't figure out how to program it - LOL - Maybe you can give me some pointers?
quote:
Originally posted by iceblue:
quote:
Originally posted by Chacahoula Tiger:
Just got a new temp monitor....Can't wait to try it.

I bought one of these a few weeks ago and can't figure out how to use it :/

I bought a latching plastic case from them for it as well (to protect it from inclement weather). Looks great, I just can't figure out how to program it - LOL - Maybe you can give me some pointers?

Almost bought the clear plastic protector too. I guess that's one of my Christmas presents.

I'm new to this thing too. This is what I've learned so far. It only has an alarm for HI and LO temp for the T1 probe.

You set the HI / LO limits by pressing the HI/LO button and the HI limit is displayed. Adjust it using the up and down buttons. Press HI/LO again and the lower limit is displayed. Adjust it if you want to and press the HI/LO button again to lock in the settings. While cooking, when the HI limit is reached the alarm will sound. Pretty simple really.

It also has a Max/Min function for both probes. It records the minimum temp and maximum temp during a cook. So you can monitor the smoker temp with one probe (use probe 2) and then using probe 1 monitor the meat temp (probe 1 has the alarm function).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.