Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Have a couple of them when they were on sale for $7ea several years ago. They are within a couple of degrees of my 66 and the audio comes on in the last 5deg. Other prob was most of the time you have to hit both resets to synch them both together, other than that I used it only when doing cuts of meat below 140deg and rest of time relying on my 66.
I have 2 of them and one I've used the last 3 years for monitoring our fryer oil temp. It's about shot now but still going. I did have a probe go out on the newer one but it was under warranty so they replaced it. You have to be pretty careful with all of these not to get to much moisture in the probe where the wires go in or you are asking for trouble. I like to put a piece of heat shrink material on them for that reason.

Only complaint if I had one was it shuts down after about 8 hours. For long cooks that could be an issue. You have about 3 seconds to get the probe fired up after you turn on the display or it won't sync up. Then like G Que mentioned you have to take the covers off to hit the resets.

I paid over $50 each for mine so the link you had is a great price IMHO.

Compared to the maverick probes I think this one is built much better.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.