Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks of mentioning this ad. I got the ET73 and not long after I did a BUY IT NOW saw the 732. Really wished I had spent the extra money. For what these go for I may have to buy one. I looked and he/she (husband wife outfit) have a lot of items for sale and pretty good feedback numbers. If you used PayPal to pay for it you are covered - if something is not right with the item you file a complaint. Any honest merchant would kindly replace it or refund your money. Hmmm.
Thanks for the link. Snagged one tonight. Anyone got a good lead on the best price for the replacement probes???

I ruined about 3 before I realized they aren't really resistant to a lot of water. Now I use some heat shrink material that you use on wiring. Slip the sleeve over where the wire goes into the probe and shrink it down with a little heat and haven't had one go bad since.
quote:
Originally posted by mbailey:
Thanks for the link. Snagged one tonight. Anyone got a good lead on the best price for the replacement probes???

I ruined about 3 before I realized they aren't really resistant to a lot of water. Now I use some heat shrink material that you use on wiring. Slip the sleeve over where the wire goes into the probe and shrink it down with a little heat and haven't had one go bad since.

Thanks for the tip, my meat probe starting reading 240 on a cold brisket so I knew I was flying blind (nothing new for me) - then the other day it did the same for a bit and then the display showed HHH, quick Yahoo search and I knew I needed a new probe. I see them on eBay for about $15.00... Want to upgrade to the 732...

I'll try that shrink material on my new one...
Chaplain Bill:

Make sure you have the probe plug TIGHTLY inserted. When I got my 732 (from the same folks) it read HHH which I assumes means too high. I had to play with the plug and really push it in before it would read right. Then it worked fine.

This is the first time in a long time that I have measured the actual smoker temp... and I put some steaks in to smoke at about 190. Next thing I know the smoker is at 250 and I had to dump a lot of heat. I think I need to pay more attention to the temp probe inside the smoker. It's pretty dirty right now but I never worried about it.
Anyone know if you can run 2 of these maverick probes side by side? I assume if you wait a few minutes to start the second one it would lock on to the correct signal. If they didn't you could have a bunch of confusion at the competitions!

Just checking before I bought another one. I really like the fact that you can set the low smoker temp alarm for the "just in case" scenario. I really like my Oregon Scientific thermometer but it doesn't have all of these bells and whistles.
Don't even need to wait a few minutes. Once the first one has linked, just start the second set. I used a magic marker to identify which transmitter is giving the signal to which receiver.

quote:
Originally posted by mbailey:
Anyone know if you can run 2 of these maverick probes side by side? I assume if you wait a few minutes to start the second one it would lock on to the correct signal. If they didn't you could have a bunch of confusion at the competitions!

Just checking before I bought another one. I really like the fact that you can set the low smoker temp alarm for the "just in case" scenario. I really like my Oregon Scientific thermometer but it doesn't have all of these bells and whistles.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.