Skip to main content

I bought a ThermoWorks Smoke, and went to try it out while I was doing a small Pork Butt. I couldn't get their Meat probe through the vent hole in my 045. They come standard with a bent meat probe. These probes have large head on them and with the bend in the probe, they just will not go through the hole. I ended up using the straight "Air Probe" in the Butt. The straight probes work fine. I have ordered 2 straight meat probes for it. I think I am going to like this unit. I have been using Maverick thermometers. With these you have a small sender at the smoker and the remote receiver is the programmable unit. With the Smoke this is reversed. The programmable unit is the sending unit at the smoker and the small remote receiver unit just shows the temperatures and sounds alarms. Still seems a little backwards, but I will get used to it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Slim: Sometimes the simplest answers are the one you don't think of. The bent connection end on my probes won't go through the hole either. I have been using my Smoke for over year now, and really like it. I don't know how many different probes I have bought when they go on sale. I now have 2 of the extension cables, and yes the straight end of these will go through the vent hole. I even bought a waterproof long probe. This comes with a clip so you can use it in a pot. This will get used for jam and candy making. It would also work for deep frying stuff.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.