Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No.

The "hold" feature of the Amerique is a nice feature, but not a game changer by any means.

As a long time Cookshack customer, and forum member (13 yrs) I would encourage you to consider the increased capacity the 45 provides. Time and again we hear of folks who wish they had purchased the larger smoker in their price range.
Max is right, the hold feature is not such a big deal. The reason for me is that my AQ is so well insulated that even though the controller switches to 140 degrees for a hold when the probe temp is reached, the smoker stays much hotter than that for a long time, so your meat keeps cooking anyway. I agree with Wilber - I almost never use anywhere near the capacity of my AQ, but I am sure glad it's there! You will be very happy whatever CS model you buy, but more capacity will never be regretted,
I have the 066 and do not deliberately use the hold feature. By that I mean I never plan on using it. However, time has slipped away on 1 or 2 occasions and it went into hold. I think the longest was around 20 minutes. I generally monitor my time carefully so I am there when the food is done.

As for capacity, you can always cook less in a large smoker but never more in a smaller smoker. Just something to think about. Quality of the product (smoker and food) remains consistent regardless of the model.
I bought a SM09 about 15 years ago. I debated getting the larger smoker Cookshack offered back then but got the smaller one. It is still running and gets used when I have an over flow. I finally made the decision to get a new smoker, and it was either the SM025, or 045. I remembered the old saying "Bigger is better". I went with the 045 about 4 years ago. I end up running both of these smokers 2 or 3 times a year. Go with the SM045. You won't regret it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.