Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You probably already ordered them. I wish I had know about them when I ordered mine. I would love to be able to put them in the dishwasher (I have the standard ones). I can see they are wearing a bit. I will buy the stainless steel ones when I get tired of these, I will then wait for a sale because I won't pay full price for something I could have gotten 10% off of when you buy a smoker.
I also put mine in the dishwasher almost every time I clean them up
I don’t think the dishwasher bothers them near as much as the Scotch Bright does
I normally soak my racks in a disposable mortar tub for several hours (or days Red Face ) prior to cleaning them
My racks are finally beginning to show their age from the many scrubbings they have received over the years
I have just ordered stainless steel rib racks from the Charcoal Store and will most likely replace my regular racks with stainless steel in the near future
quote:
Originally posted by Hoggiestyle:
I got the nickel plated racks........
Take them to the car was and pressure wash them clean.
Works real well!

They clean well but unless you COMPLETELY dry them (put in the oven for 30 minutes) or coat with oil, they will rust. Once rust starts, it's a losing battle. Had I known it was an option, I would have paid the upgrade difference when I bought my FEC 100.
SS from here on out for me! Wink
My sm66 is only 6 months old and I just orded stainless racks. The plated racks just didnt hold up. They started to pit on the underneath even though I cleaned them well after each cook. It really should have came with stainless but I can't complain much my CS has produced a ton of great Q. Stainless is the way to go!
I still use my old plated ones for times when the meat does not contact the racks, such as hanging ribs, jerky, cooking in a tray or with a frogmat but if meat touches it, it's stainless. SOOO much easier to clean and should outlast me.
Wish I had ordered them upfront but no big deal, I have a couple of them now.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.