Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mike, it sounds like a pretty good opportunity, for a brand new AQ, but without standard warranty coverage. If it were me, I'd deduct something for potentially having to address problems outside the warranty for the first two years you own it. My AQ is now almost two years old, and I have only had to replace one part, a defective probe, which might have cost me maybe $60 if I'd had to pay for it. My impression from this forum is that warranty service needs for the AQ are pretty rare. You can get a new AQ for just over $1800 with free shipping. If you are sure there is no damage from storage, and especially if you are given a chance to see that it works before you buy it, my personal inclination would be to offer a couple of hundred less than what a new one would cost you, but that's just me.
I have the new old SM066. My Wife is still negotiating with her cousin on the price. It will be a friendly price however it works out. The smoker was in an unopened box that was shipped from Cookshack. The box was undamaged when I got it. I unpacked it, and put it together. I still haven't even plugged it in. I really don't have room for it in my garage, and don't have a cover for it so it can go outside. It is so shiny, and big.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • New_smoker_9

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.