Skip to main content

Hi! Our family is a big fan of grilling and smoking, ever since I was a child. So we decided to gather our funds together with my siblings and get our father a cookshack smoker. But since we know nothing about the different models and their advantages and disadvantages, I wanted to ask what do you think about model 008? It looks small and practical from the pictures, perfect for my father to exercise his hobby with it. Are there any better models similar to this one? I would really appreciate any kind of advice on the topic!

Thanks in advance!

Steve
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi there. Welcome to the forums. I think you should call Cookshack and speak to them. They are very friendly and they can ask you specific questions about your fathers cooking plans. Large groups, or just him? All of the cookshacks are excellent. My 025 is perfect for my family of 4. You could even feed a small gathering. The 08 is very similar. I think it's cool you guys are getting him one.

The one piece of advice typically given here is get the best you can afford. You can't go wrong with any model.

After you give him the smoker, the next best present you can give him is directions to this forum.

Merry Christmas!
I would STRONGLY urge you to consider the )25 instead. This will provide you with 12" x 14" wire racks...large enough for full slabs of ribs, full cut packer briskets and several pork butts.

The smaller smoker comes with 12" x 12" racks. Spending $200 more provides you increased capacity and larger grill racks. You won't regret the decision as this smoker will give you years, if not decades of use.

Be sure to use the current discount code JOLLY and save 10% via ordering in person or internet.
Last edited by maxq
Hey! Thanks for the replies!

Padrefan98, I think I'll listen to your advice in the end and call them to ask for help with the choice. There are so many models, and each is better than the previous one, it's hard to choose. And my sisters are not very helpful.

My father will probably use the smoker all the time, so we want to buy him something that will last for years. We also often organise family gatherings and outdoor barbecue parties, and a smoked meat would be quite the attraction.

I checked the 25, it looked almost like the 008 I picked, but when I read the details it turned out to be definitely better. Price is not an issue, so I guess we will just get the best possible option with the right size.
The 025 & 045 are basically the same, except that the 045 has one additional shelf. The 066 adds yet another shelf and has a more advanced controller and a larger heating element.

It basically boils down to how big of a smoker do you want/need. The advice here has always been to get the biggest one you can afford. The extra capacity can come in handy at times.

Will your dad usually be smoking for 2 people, with the occasional large party? Or will he be smoking for 6 with the occasional very large party? Just make sure your BBQ cleaning company doesn't clean the smoker. You want a seasoned smoker, not a squeaky clean one.
Last edited by andyj

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.